Maximum Games is flying down the back nine today as they announced that The Golf Club 2, the follow up game to the successful first installment of their golf simulation, will launch on Xbox One June 27th. Along with it come a couple of new features, including a brand new Career mode and Online Societies mode.
The game's career mode is the status quo. You start yourself off as a new golfer and work your way up becoming more (or less) successful based on your accomplishments. The Online Societies, however, is a bit of a new twist and nothing we've seen in a golf game previously. The official decription reads as follows:
Players can create and run their own multiplayer societies with their friends, or join existing Societies that fit their skill level and playstyle. Once created, the owner of a Society can customize their clubhouse, Society logo, and more in order to create and display their own unique identities online
These are like clubs in racing games or guilds in MMO's so to speak, but there is an interesting twist. You will be able to join up to five societies at once, but your logo and which society you play for will always be linked to your primary one. A society will be able to host a tournament with other societies joining in. Think of these as sponsors on the PGA Tour. In game currency money will be used as a buy-in, which will increase the purse for the winning players.
All of the created courses in the original game, over 150,000, will be able to be ported over and there will also be a much expanded course creator in The Golf Club 2. Pre-orders are available now for $39.99, and come those who do plop their money down early will get the Day One Edition including the following items
- Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
- Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
- Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
- Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
- Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
Take a look at the newest trailer below.